Monday, January 07, 2008

Absence of "Self-Help" in the Dewey Decimal System

News just came in and I can't help revive this blog with such unpleasant update.

A worker by the name of Arnel Zafra attempted to end his life by jumping off the 5th floor of the UP Diliman Main Library. He is now in critical condition.

All I can say is, I'm definitely sure that the top floor isn't the fifth, I've been in it. Actually, you can't really tell if it's the 5th because there are many floors between the third floor and that apex tower, I just remember climbing a lot of stairs. And securing a permit from the ILIS administrators. And obviously, that was two years ago, and I'm pretty much alive.

I'll probably post pictures if they didn't die in my great hard drive crash.

2 Comments:

At 8/1/08 14:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've seen the plan of the main lib during our cwts in arki..parang 9 floors above ground cguro in all including all the mezzanines considering that the height of each are of a full normal floor-to-ceiling height of a building today.

 
At 8/1/08 15:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI: Libraries in UP use Library of Congress Classification System not Dewey Decimal

ILIS is now SLIS (School of Library and Information Studies)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home